Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

A Quick Wildlife Photoshoot

Thanks to my 365 day photo challenge at https://tookapic.com/jenniferfaye I have been taking so many photos recently and I love it!  I took my camera to work with me last night, and went out during my break to see what I could find.

Mostly I captured birds, but this one squirrel was very curious as to what I was doing it seems.

1

I almost didn’t share this pigeon because I’m not too happy with the composition, but I just love the eye. 

2

The following photos are all of Purple Martins.  They were everywhere!  And not very shy. 

3

4

5

For all of you Disney fans, this one below is standing on an “I’m Celebrating” button.  I was so focused on the bird that I didn’t even notice until afterwards when I was reviewing the photos.  I wish I had caught it sooner to get a clearer angle. 

6

And I think this last one might be my favorite.  Not necessarily because of the quality, but the story.  There was a larger bird (a Raven I think) standing on a light post directly above.  He kept dropping crumbs and hitting this guy on the head.  This was his reaction. 

7

As always, thanks for looking!  Feedback and comments welcome!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice set of pictures!

    Saturation could go up a tad more on the squirrel, pigeon and raven ones to bring out the back ground a bit more. You familiar with adjustment brushes? Raise exposure and clarity slightly and give the eyes a tap each to bring out the spark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I always worry about going overboard with the saturation, trying to find that perfect balance. At your recommendation I've been playing around with adjustment brushes, I need more practice but I love the control!

      Delete