Pages

Friday, May 8, 2015

A Day at the Park

It is a rare day when I venture out into the Disney parks when I’m not working.  But today was one of those occasions, and of course I had my camera.  My original intention was to take some photos of the Tower of Terror, and use a black and white edit to create kind of a spooky, mysterious image.  I just couldn’t find a vantage point I liked. So naturally, then I just started stalking the wildlife.  It started with these two, wondering around begging for breadcrumbs. 

Caption this photo! Ha I wonder what is going on in their heads. Probably something like “this crazy woman with a black box stuck on her face keeps following us around, what do we do?”1

2

Next it was time to grab a peanut butter and jelly milkshake (the main reason for the trip into the park to begin with).  Yes, a peanut butter and jelly milkshake.  It’s from Fifties Prime Time CafĂ© at Hollywood studios, and it is delicious.  I highly recommend it. 

But on the way there, I saw baby ducks and they were just too adorable to not stop for more photos.  The problem is they were tiny.  And very very fast.  So after, oh I don’t know, fifty or eighty snaps I managed a few with the little ducklings close enough to see clearly, that weren’t either blurry or too dark from a fast shutter.

3

4

5

The adult ducks were pretty relaxed, and even seemed to pose from time to time. 

6

Kind of unrelated, but I really liked the look of these flowers I also ran across today.  I felt like the color took away from the interesting textures, so decided to go with a black and white edit for these.

7

8

Thanks for taking a look, and Happy Friday!

6 comments:

  1. Your pictures are all great and I think it can be improved. Need to know a few details before I can give so-called 'advise' lol.

    1. First of all do you take in RAW or JPEG?
    2. Do you do any post processing with Lightroom/Photoshop?
    3. What is your maximum focal length on your lens?
    4. Do you use flash?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patrick! Thank you for your comment. To answer your questions, I always shoot in raw, and I use photoshop. Most of my post processing consists of brightness and contrast adjustment, and clarity/sharpening. I have only two lenses, max focal length is 200mm. I rarely use flash, as all I have is the in camera flash and I haven't had much success with that.

      Delete
    2. Hmmm, everything seems right but your bird pics recently has like a white layer of white powdery look (if that makes sense) which baffles me unlike your snake pic which is tack sharp. Since you have this blog maybe you can try to experiment a bit here. First try not to shoot at max 200mm which normally is the weakness of most lenses. It will be sharp but a bit soft. Each lens also has an f-stop/aperture which is more sharp, you have to find it and use it. Then try not to crop so much, let's try max 50% of the original picture. Finally, raise saturation a tad more. I am not familiar with photoshop as I use mainly lightroom but it could be the options you use for the final save to convert to JPEG also.

      I am no pro by any means so don't take my advise so seriously lol. Im the bug guy in tookapic if you didn't know... Myself and Kevin Drum have these conversations to improve on facebook quite often and you are most welcome to add us in facebook.
      https://www.facebook.com/rusology

      Delete
    3. Thanks so much for the tips Patrick! I'm not sure what the white powdery look could be... I'll try to post more pictures tomorrow and please let me know if it's still there? I'll have to experiment to find the best f-stop for my lenses. I've been trying today to not shoot at max 200mm, and added a bit more saturation to my tookapic post for today. I took more pictures today and will try and add those here tomorrow. Thanks again! Also I love your macro shots!

      Delete
    4. Your tookapic today is wonderful! Tack sharp and great color.

      Hope my comments are not too harsh lol. You are a natural with animals so just continue the good work.

      Delete
    5. Thanks! With people I have little patience haha, but with animals I can watch them for as long as it takes for the shot, as long as I have the time. And not too harsh at all, I appreciate the feedback!

      Delete