Pages

Thursday, April 9, 2015

What Have I been up to? Resin Crafting

Recently I have started working with Resin.  I can’t quite remember where I first saw or read about it, but I bought a kit from Hobby Lobby to give it a try a few months ago.  I really love it!  The possibilities are endless.  Printed images, hand drawn or painted images, or any number of inclusions can easily be turned into jewelry, key chains, etc.

Due to the popularity of Disney’s Frozen, many of my first creations were based on the movie. 

bows

Olaf ring2[4]

olaf

anna elsa charm

frozen pendant

 

And the following are just a few of my non Frozen inspired pieces.

bracelet

Make a Wish!  The next two are all about wishes.  First there are embedded dandelion seeds, and then a miniature wishbone.

dandelionseeds backdandelionseeds

 

wishbone

This is the first pendant I made using a pressed flower.  Glitter and a little wire wrapping make it a little more unique.  The flower darkened quite a bit but overall I like the way it turned out. 

embedded flower charm  pendant

embedded flower charm pendand3

This one isn’t made with resin but It was my first attempt at a memory wire bracelet, and I loved it so wanted to share. 

bracelet2

Thanks for taking a look!  I’ll be posting new projects and creations from time to time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment