Pages

Friday, September 27, 2013

Duck, Duck, … Ibis?

I work at Animal Kingdom, and there are so many beautiful creatures waiting to say hello!  It’s my favorite park for that reason.  I don’t visit the parks often as a guest, but I took some time during a break to go capture a few pictures.

I've been spotted duck

It wasn’t long before I was spotted. 

I've been spotted Ibis

Yep, I’d been caught.  Luckily they didn’t seem to mind one bit, and were quite cooperative for the photo shoot that followed. I even think they might have enjoyed it a little. 

profile duck

Profile Ibis

The longer I stayed out there, the more comfortable they became with me I guess.  They came right up to me, and unlike my sweet puppy held nice and still for some close ups.

close up duck2

 close up Ibis

After a while they got bored of me and went on about their day, first a drink of water.

taking a drink duck taking a drink Ibis

Drip Drop.

water drop duck

water drop ibis2

And finally a little later  some balancing acts for my amusement. 

foot lifted Duck

Trying to decide if they want to get back in the water?  Or maybe just getting some yoga in. 

foot lifted Ibis2

And a post about ducks/birds wouldn’t be complete without at least a little tribute to my very favorite duck, Donald that is.  And since this is all about Animal Kingdom, here he is in his Safari gear.

donald may 2013 donald6

 

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. Great photos - especially the close ups! My favorite is the ibis' eye shot!

    Cool!

    ~ginger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! For me my favorite is a toss up between the Ibis' eye and the balancing duck. I am a little biased towards ducks :)

      Delete