Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Experiments with Silhouettes

These photos were all taken a while back, inspired by the tookapic silhouette theme. (You can see my tookapic page here https://tookapic.com/jenniferfaye) I thought I would post them now to provide a little contrast to the recent wildlife. 

This tower isn’t necessarily interesting to look at, but I really liked the sky for this shot. 

5-12

The following two shots are experiments with forced perspective.  For a first attempt at this, I was pretty happy with how they turned out.

DSC_2215

DSC_2254

I really enjoy photographing birds, so I had to include a few in my silhouettes.

5-14

DSC_2269

DSC_2273

DSC_2350

Below is the only one I managed to snap with sunset colors.  I saw this sky on my way home from work and pulled over just in time to catch it before the sun went completely down. 

DSC_3115

And possibly my favorite below.  Unlike all the others, however, this wasn’t taken as a silhouette.  I was playing around with settings and the puppy and I came out underexposed.  I used this type of edit to try and save it and actually really like the way it turned out.

sillhouette

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment