Pages

Saturday, August 31, 2013

The Tiny Tortoise

I returned from taking Little Bit for a walk the other day to find this little guy (or girl) lounging around in my driveway. 
2013 August - Tortoise Hiding
Cozy as he looked, I didn’t think it was the best place for such a small thing to have a nap so relocated him to the back patio.  He insisted on finishing the nap.
2013 August - Tortoise napping
Good Morning sunshine!  Look who decided to say hello
tortoise on grey
It’s probably hard to tell from the previous photos, but just to give you an idea of how small my little friend was, he fit nicely into the palm of my hand.
Tortoise in my hand
After doing some research, I’m pretty sure it is a baby Gopher Tortoise.  This is an endangered species, so we had to say our goodbyes.  Bon Voyage Tiny Tortoise.

2 comments:

  1. He/she is adorable! I am glad you rescued him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Even though I couldn't keep him I'm glad I could get him away from the road :)

      Delete